Subject outcome 2.4: Use Mathematical models to investigate linear programming problems
- Solve linear programming problems by optimising a function in two variables, subject to one or more linear constraints, by numerical search along the boundary of the feasible region.
Note: Explicit constraints will be given in all examples.
- Sketch the given functions/constraints
- Determine and shade the feasible region
- Complete a boundary search to find the vertices of the feasible region
- Optimise the maximum or minimum from the given objective function.
Unit 1 outcomes
By the end of this unit you will be able to:
- Sketch given constraints.
- Find the feasible region and objective function.
- Use a boundary search to find the vertices of the feasible region.
- Optimise the objective function.